Menu

Stobaugh -Skills in Rhetoric course - apprec any input!

Hi all to those who have actually used the course:

Can you give me some ans/input on this course? Is it a stand-alone course? Can it be used for a Jr/Sr in HS vs lower grades? Too weak or ok for a comp & rhetoric course at those grades??

What I'm hearing is people don't like Stobaugh because he doesn't explain things very well, for ex, how to actually org/write the papers, more info on the actual instructions, etc and people get lost trying to use his stuff.

On the other hand, I also understand that people who watch the DVD where he explains how to use the course have no problem with the material (??)

I'm assuming, also, that this is a year-long, 1 credit course.

Thanks~

Kim

I'm thinking of using it as a speech/comp class for HS but not at a freshman level.

If Stobaugh doesn't give much instruction on writing, I plan to further my dd's writing skills, anyway, over the next couple of years (9th and 10th) so by Jr/Sr high, she should be pretty comfortable with writing at that point and it *shouldn't* matter about Stobaugh's lack of anything.

And yes, I know it's supposedly for 7th-9th, but with all that reading and writing, I'd say it would be better for a Jr HS level class, perhaps.

Unless I'm looking at an old book that was more intensive than the current book?

Kim

Edited by titianmom