Menu

Have any of y'all found an SAT prep class to be worthwhile?

My dd did Kaplan SAT online prep through Homeschool Buyer's Co-op, but I don't think she got much out of it.

I have been trying to work with her on SAT prep 3-4x/week, but she fights me on it every step of the way. She isn't one to do any studying on her own either.

Have any of y'all found SAT prep classes (actual in-person classes, not online) to be worth the money? My dd has decent scores, but they could certainly use improvement - CR 570, M 680, W 590.

I'm hoping that an improvement in her SAT scores could help with scholarship offers.

I would love for her to be able to take the test on June 5th and be done at that point, but I won't consider her done until she has at least 600 on each section.

I was just talking with a mother and young lady at church this morning about this. They said the class in our area is not that fabulous but it did help by getting her to do the work and study. I think it depends on the class. She will do better if she's not fighting you along the way. Good luck to both of you.