Menu

What would you say?

Hello. I have never posted on THIS board before because my oldest is only 9, but it was suggested that I come here for some ideas...so here I am...I hope that is ok.

Anyway, I am in the process of making a photobook/words of wisdom book for a dear gal who is graduating High School this year. I am looking for any and all Bible verses and saying of wise words to add to the book. If you have anything that I might use, I would greatly appreciate it. THANKS!!!!

Kathy

Some suggestions:

*Psalm 1.

*Psalm 23.

*Can find out if the graduate has a "life verse" or favorite verse?

*The modern hymn "In Christ Alone" is beautiful, especially the last verse. Also the words of "Take My Life and Let it Be."

*The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost.

*What does it profit a man, if he gains the whole world but loses his soul (This is from memory; but you should be able to find the exact words through a concordance.)

I'll try to post more as I think of them. I'm in that season. :001_smile:Lisa

If you use a search engine and search on the term "inspirational graduation quotes", you'll find many examples. Here are a few sites that I found:

first

second

third

Here's one quote/anecdote I like:

"During my second year of nursing school our professor gave us a quiz. I breezed through the questions until I read the last one: "What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?"Surely this was a joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times, but how would I know her name I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank. Before the class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our grade. "Absolutely," the professor said. "In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say hello. "I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Dorothy.

Joann C. Jones"

Regards,

Kareni

is anyone willing to help me???

Welcome to the high school board! Just so you don't feel ignored... the high school board moves much SLOWER than the K-8 board. It often takes several days before you get a response to a thread... time for people to check in and respond. So just subscribe to your thread and when people are able to respond, you'll be sure to get all the responses as they slowly trickle in.

Warmest regards, Lori D.

Welcome to the high school board! Just so you don't feel ignored... the high school board moves much SLOWER than the K-8 board. It often takes several days before you get a response to a thread... time for people to check in and respond. So just subscribe to your thread and when people are able to respond, you'll be sure to get all the responses as they slowly trickle in.

Warmest regards, Lori D.

thanks for the tip...that helps a lot!!!!