Menu

Drawing or Art Curriculum?

Jules

My 8 and 10 year old love to draw everything out, whether it is for science stuff, history, or vocabulary skills. I want to find something that would fit for them to use for Art or Drawing instruction. I was thinking some type of DVD type lessons. Anyone have any favorites and why?

For drawing, we have really enjoyed the on-line Mark Kistler lessons available through the Homeschool Buyers Co-op. They have another group buy on them currently. My kids have a lot of fun with those lessons. You may also want to look at the Phonics of Drawing.

For art, I will be purchasing Atelier, but have not bought it just yet.

Artistic Pursuits is another program that we use currently for art instruction but it's not DVD or computer based.

The Phonics of Drawing is lovely and very good, but when you put it on the computer, there is no animation or video. You can view the lessons on the computer or print them. It has 3 levels. You can get it from http://www.teachartathome.com . There are other art courses available there, too.

If you are interested in a Christian art program. Barry Stebbing has some that come with DVD instruction with video on it. You can find that at various places and for various levels. The courses include a variety of things.