Menu

Lost tools of Writing online w/ MP?

My son took the class in the fall semester and we did not pick up the class for the spring semester. What profmom says is true - great teachers and I love the method, but I was disappointed with the grading system. Students were given 100% if they turned their work in on time and followed directions, the actual work was not graded. That's probably good enough for younger students, but in 11th grade we need more feedback.

Thank you both so much for responding. I really appreciate it.

That is disappointing about the grading. I would most definitely want a true grade and feedback on the writing turned in since that is one of the ways to improve.

Did you continue the Lost Tools on your own, and if so, how did that go? It just looks so intimidating that I would love to have someone teach it that knows what they are doing ;).

I had already done it on my own with my son who is now in Christian school, it's not that difficult to learn/implement if you purchase the cds that explain the program. Plus, Andrew Kern is very helpful - there used to be a forum, but now I think the yahoo group is all that's available besides email. He's on the yahoo group as is Camile Goldston the Memoria Press teacher and a few others who have a lot of experience with the LToW.

We are using The Lively Art of Writing to finish out the year along with some TOG assignments.