Menu

Very stressful day. 18 year old is coming home.

The one that moved to TX in the fall had a major blowout with her room mate (this has been coming on for awhile) so she packed all her stuff and was going to drive here. Luckily we all talked some sense into her and she is spending the night at a friends. Her dad is flying it there in the morning, renting a truck, packing all of her furniture, towing her car and bringing her home. These plans were made in the last hour and cost about $1000. Plus I have no place to put her. Her youngest sister took her room when she left. The younger was in the loft at the time which is now a living room so I can't very well put her back in there. I do have an attached office/sitting room in my room and I can put her there for awhile until we figure out what is going to happen. But that is going to put a dent in things. Not to mention I have to spend the whole weekend rearranging furniture and I have to get up a 4 in the morning to drive my hubby to the airport. Since all the big kids are gone I am going to have to wake the kids as well and then get them back here in time for to get ready for school. Boy, the next 24 hours is going to be tons of fun. Wish me luck.

Edited by KidsHappen

The one that moved to TX in the fall had a major blowout with her room mate (this has been coming on for awhile) so she packed all her stuff and was going to drive here. Luckily we all talked some sense in to her and she is spending the night at a friends. Her dad is flying it there in the morning, renting a truck, packing all of her furniture, towing her car and bringing her home. These plans were made in the last hour and cost about $1000. Plus I have no place to put her. Her youngest sister took her room when she left. The younger was in the loft at the time which is now a living room so I can't very well put her back in there. I do have an attached office/sitting room in my room and I can put her there for awhile until we figure out what is going to happened. But that is going to put a dent on things. Not to mention I ave to spend the whole weekend rearrageing furniture and I have to get up a 4 in the morning to drive my hubby to the airport. Since all the big kids are gone I am going to have to wake the kids as well and then get them back here in thime for to get ready for school. Boy, the next 24 hours is going to be tons of fun. WIsh me luck.

Do you not home school your children? Then if they are a little late, just go a little longer.

Anyway- be glad your child is coming home- you sound as if it is a chore to you. If it is, she is an adult, yes? Tell her to deal with it. Just my own thoughts on the matter.

I just want to encourage you to embrace your daughter and not allow this to feel like a burden. More importantly I guess, I would hate for her to feel like she is burden to you. I still remember how scared I was in those in-between years -- no longer a child, but not really an adult yet either. I don't think adult children should rely on their parents the way some do, but I do think there is a period of time before kids are firmly established that parents to need to be a soft place for their children to land until they really get their feet under them. Maybe she could share the room with her sister? I don't know, looking back I see times during those precarious years when my parents "rescued" me at expense to themselves, or at least their own inconvenience, and I'm so glad they did. :)

Do you not home school your children? Then if they are a little late, just go a little longer.

Anyway- be glad your child is coming home- you sound as if it is a chore to you. If it is, she is an adult, yes? Tell her to deal with it. Just my own thoughts on the matter.

My youngest two go to P.S. My dd is an adult but she is heartbroken and sad right now. Of course she is always welcome back home. I am just stressed and overwhelmed right now. I am sure things will work out.

Thanks everyone for the reminder to take everything one step at a time. I think that is the key. Of course my children are always welcome back home and we will do whatever it takes to make it work. I just have a tendency to start worrying about all of the details that need to be dealt with and then get overwhelmed wondering how I am going to manage it all. I am sure it will all look a little easier once she is here and we have all had a little sleep.

Thanks everyone for the reminder to take everything one step at a time. I think that is the key. Of course my children are always welcome back home and we will do whatever it takes to make it work. I just have a tendency to start worrying about all of the details that need to be dealt with and then get overwhelmed wondering how I am going to manage it all. I am sure it will all look a little easier once she is here and we have all had a little sleep.

:grouphug: I wish I could say it will get better. I hope it will !!

(Going through stuff with my own adult daughter, I )