Menu

Has anyone used AoPS Geometry?

My youngest son is using it right now. We're working through it solo (not using the online classes) and it's going well albeit slowly. He's a bit ahead so we don't mind moving at a slower pace.

It is challenging compared to many of the other programs we've used. It's stretching both of us :-)

I did not. I realized after you pointed it out that the group I am on is NOT the same one, though the names are very similar. So I joined the group, and am awaiting moderator confirmation to actually be on the list. Will post a short summary for the curious!

Hi Catherine,

My daughter just finished the Geometry Course at AoPS. She loves taking AoPS Courses and is signed up for the Algebra class for the summer. (She has already done Jacob's Algebra, but wants to work through the AoPS course before moving on to their Alg. II. It is her type A version of "Taking it Easy for the Summer.") She thought the Geo. class was challenging; she worked on it for 1.5-2hours a day. The teacher was terrific and gave excellent feedback on her challenge sets. The forums are also helpful, as the kids confer regarding weekly assignments and lectures. As I have said before here, we feel that the AoPS tuition has been the most effective money we have spent in our entire homeschooling endeavor.

Please search my other posts re:AoPS.

Good Luck!!