Menu

LOST--Now we know what the whispers are...

Don't open this if you don't want to know or discuss Tues 4/13 episode.

How cool that we know the whispers are people who have died that are stuck on the island! Wow!

If you go to the Darkufo.blogspot.com site, they have a section called Whispers that transcribes them (partially--some are just guesses).

Answers are coming now, aren't they?

Oh, and isn't it interesting how Desmond is visiting everyone just like Jacob did? But I don't think he's Jacob now.

Oh, and isn't it interesting how Desmond is visiting everyone just like Jacob did? But I don't think he's Jacob now.

He is??? I missed that. When and where? He's not the kid in the forest, is he? I thought that was Jacob. I don't remember Desmond visiting anyone...?! Do you mean in the Flash Sideways? I guess he kind of is, now that you mention it. I just thought it was like the rest of them kind of happening to run into one another. Do you think he's running into more of them than anyone else did?

Do you mean in the Flash Sideways? I guess he kind of is, now that you mention it.

I think he's become very curious as to whether or not other passengers have had similar experiences to his and Charlies. After his conversation with Danial's mom (forgot her name) and Danial he knows something is going on and is now trying to figure out what.

I was actually kind of disappointed the whispers were the trapped/****ed (in a spiritual sense--not cursing here!) souls. We were promised by the producers the island is not purgatory, which it probably isn't, exactly, but this answer seemed sort of an easy way out. I was hoping the whispers were more along the lines of voices of the Losties themselves, perhaps their own conversations as they flashed back and forth in time last season. Something a little more complicated than the cliched "I can't move on" Ghost sort of thing.

Desmond is defn on a mission to connect the sideways crew with their island reality. Love that mysterious connection--I'm guessing the sideways life isn't real, and the characters will have to "wake up" in a sense, and then the sideways life will vanish and they'll have to deal with the reality of the island. Maybe.

I also think Terry O'Quinn deserves an Emmy, or two or three, for his continued phenomenal work as MIB/fake Locke. Wow. And speaking of Locke--do you think the reason Desmond ran him over was to force a meeting with Jack at the hospital? or because Locke is actually dead in the island world, so he should be dead here. Or what other possible reason??? that one totally floored me.

I thought that the way the "whispers" were revealed was LAME! Hurley's all "Hey! I think I know what these are now!" and then to Micheal "So the whispers are people stuck on the island?" Lame! :giggle:

:iagree:

And had Hurley ever heard the whispers himself, anyway??? Sayid, sure, Kate, Jack, and Sawyer, but I don't recall Hurley having heard them. He was generally more oblivious to paranormal activity--until leaving the island and starting to hold court with the dead, of course....

:iagree:

And had Hurley ever heard the whispers himself, anyway??? Sayid, sure, Kate, Jack, and Sawyer, but I don't recall Hurley having heard them. He was generally more oblivious to paranormal activity--until leaving the island and starting to hold court with the dead, of course....

IDK if he's heard the whispers or not, but he certainly did the whole "Dave" thing--which most people think wasn't paranormal but the MIB (since "Dave" tried to get Hurley to kill himself when he appeared to him on the island). Some think Dave was dead and that's why no one could see him in the mental hospital--so Hurley could do the dead thing before he came to the island. And MIB used that to appear as Dave and try to trick him into killing himself--imo, because he knew that Hurley would be instrumental in defeating MIB at the end game.

I also think Terry O'Quinn deserves an Emmy, or two or three, for his continued phenomenal work as MIB/fake Locke. Wow. And speaking of Locke--do you think the reason Desmond ran him over was to force a meeting with Jack at the hospital? or because Locke is actually dead in the island world, so he should be dead here. Or what other possible reason??? that one totally floored me

He could have been forcing a near-death experience. That's how Charley figured out there was something fishy going on. But I think you are right that he will get Jack and John together.

Terry O'Quinn better be up for an emmy after this! GREAT facial expressions.

The boy actor who plays him is Kenton Duty and is listed as "young Jacob" in the cast listing.

Wow, I can't BELIEVE they gave that up in the details! What a find! :D So it IS young Jacob! I guess they can see him because he's one of the dead people on the island now? But why would it show him as a child and not himself as he died?

Wow, I can't BELIEVE they gave that up in the details! What a find! :D So it IS young Jacob! I guess they can see him because he's one of the dead people on the island now? But why would it show him as a child and not himself as he died?

Well gosh dude I don't know that answer too LOL I found that one on chance LOL

Hmm...now I have a bit of a spoiler just from reading the thread title. Haven't seen the previews or the show yet so I didn't know that's what would be uncovered this week.

Maybe the thread titles could just be the show title and date????

Sorry, Heather. I don't consider it a spoiler. I didn't give anything away!

Sorry, Heather. I don't consider it a spoiler. I didn't give anything away!

I don't consider it a spoiler at all. At some point in the next few weeks, we are going to find out what the whispers re, what the island is, etc. No surprise spoiled there. Now if you said what they were in the title, that would be a spoiler.

I actually saw that one coming.

The whispers-- lame, I agree.

So what's at the bottom...the donkey wheel??? I get the geography so mixed up on this show. For some reason, I thought Des, although not one of the candidates, was still untouchable by MIB. Wahhhh... Poor Penny! BUT he got there via that magneto-machine. Perhaps Widmore could save him still.

...but the show was shown 2 days ago...isn't it fair game to discuss the content???

So, who else GASPED when Des was thrown down the well??? :eek:

Yes! Flocke, went from my interesting list to my outright mean list.

Of course, I kind of gasped when Desmond ran over Locke too. Did you notice he told Ben, school teacher Ben, that he had a son named Charlie? He must have gotten more details that we are led to believe from his encounter with Penny.

So what's at the bottom...the donkey wheel??? I get the geography so mixed up on this show. For some reason, I thought Des, although not one of the candidates, was still untouchable by MIB. Wahhhh... Poor Penny! BUT he got there via that magneto-machine. Perhaps Widmore could save him still.

I've read it can't be the donkey wheel because there is a station currently over that one. MIB did say there were pockets and "wells" all over the island. The other one was in the jungle, too.