Menu

ANKI help pls (xpost from general brd)

I think not many Anki users hang on the general board :)

Here's my Q:

How do you have mutiple users on the same computer?

If I have two students studying the same deck, do I just save the decks as two different files & have each person open their own deck? That's what I've done but then at the end of the day Anki thinks that one person has studied both decks...... I guess that doesn't matter really but I wondered if there's a way to actually set up two or more users?

I have decks and my son has decks. We each review our own decks. I don't see a downside to doing it this way. You can export and import between decks, if you're studying the same material.

How do I do the export/import?

Thanks,

Penny

To export: Open a deck. Under the "File" menu is an "Export" item. (There are options to limit what cards are exported, and include scheduling info or not.) This creates a new deck.

To import: Open a deck. Under the "File" menu is an "Import" item. Choose what type of file you want to import (probably an .anki deck), and follow the instructions.

I haven't specifically done this. I did import all of my mnemosyne (another flashcard program) files into Anki and it went pretty well.