Menu

ideas for Business Math

I think it's also sometimes called Consumer Math.

DD will be 9th next year and has already completed Aig I and Geometry. We are required to do Alg II and an additional advanced math course such as Pre-calc, Trig, etc. Our original plan was Alg II in 9th and Pre-Calc 10th and then math at the local college. But, we've been given the ok from our accountability group that she could take a year to do Business Math for 9th to give her a break and offer her a year to review some topics she's interested in.

But, what text to use. I had never looked at Business Math --it was her idea--so I'm not prepared for this change of scenery. She is using TT Geometry this year --did BJU Alg I ---we left off the last chpt or maybe two of Alg I and will not get to the last chpt in Geometry before our May 31 cut-off so she does plan to go back and do that.

My oldest did Dave Ramsey's high school level course and it helped his thinking about real life topics and money considerably. Next year we'll be buying the updated version for my middle and youngest son to do.

It's only one semester though. I'm adding it to their math - not instead of a traditional math. If you wanted it instead of a math you could put in an SAT Math Prep course for the other semester I would think.