Menu

Biology 101 dvds? Anyone use them?

I have them for my dd for next year, so haven't used them yet. We are doing those and living books for biology. DD will have lots of reading, and the DVD's, both of which are ways she learns best. I love the idea of doing biology in the order of Creation!

I did watch the intro. It seemed pretty neat. The guy threw in some humor along with the general information. If the actual "lessons" are like the intro., I think my dd will like them!

Sorry I can't be of more help.

I have them for my dd for next year, so haven't used them yet. We are doing those and living books for biology. DD will have lots of reading, and the DVD's, both of which are ways she learns best. I love the idea of doing biology in the order of Creation!

I did watch the intro. It seemed pretty neat. The guy threw in some humor along with the general information. If the actual "lessons" are like the intro., I think my dd will like them!

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Brindee,

Which living books are you going to add in?

These are what we have:

The Genesis of Germs

Exploring the History of Medicine

Exploring the World of Biology

Body By Design

Schick Anatomy Atlas

Anatomy & Physiology for Health Professions with CD

I don't have it all set up yet on how we're going to do it. I'll have her read Biographies of some of the scientists also. Possibly we'll pick and choose parts that go along with the Bio 101 DVDs for her to read. She may write a paper or 2. We'll discuss things. There's s'posed to be a little pamphlet thing that comes with the Bio 101 DVDs with ideas on how to make it worth 1 highschool credit, but I can't find that. I may have to contact the company and see if they can send it.