Menu

By any chance, has anyone used AG and then switched to MCT?

adrienne

I've two rising 6th graders and am really torn btw these two programs, primarily for grammar; although, I'd use MCT in its entirety most likely. From reading the reviews here, both are good, solid grammar programs...which is making my decision of choosing difficult.

Any suggestions or advice? Btw, if I went with AG, I would also teach a separate vocab and writing program.

Thank you all,

Adrienne

I didn't switch, but instead I'm using AG supplementing with MCT MAgic Lens1with ds13.I think the only reason why ds gets both books is because he had a thorough grounding with RS English (up to part of 7. I can't stand to use RS Eng after going through RS Eng 2-part of7). It is one of the best grammar combo I've come across to use in my homeschool. I'm learning a lot with ds.

I didn't switch, but instead I'm using AG supplementing with MCT MAgic Lens1with ds13.I think the only reason why ds gets both books is because he had a thorough grounding with RS English (up to part of 7. I can't stand to use RS Eng after going through RS Eng 2-part of7). It is one of the best grammar combo I've come across to use in my homeschool. I'm learning a lot with ds.

I'd love to hear more about how you use these together. I'm planning to use AG with ds next year, but I love the MCT approaches grammar and am thinking about how I can incorporate that as well.