Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Love2Smile

All American History with a highschooler?

Has anyone used AAH with a highschooler by Bright Ideas Press?

I am really trying to simpify my homeschool this coming year and combine history with my 7th and 10th graders using AAH. They do so much better when I combine them.

I haven't done it yet, but plan to next year. I feel that if I have my 10th grader do the selected extra's (reading, assignments/projects) it will be more than enough for her. Also check out the yahoo group. They are a wealth of information.

I haven't done it yet, but plan to next year. I feel that if I have my 10th grader do the selected extra's (reading, assignments/projects) it will be more than enough for her. Also check out the yahoo group. They are a wealth of information.

Were you going to try to have her do both vol. in one year?

I need to get American, World and then Govt. in!

I wanted to use MOH for World history but it is not complete yet, only 3 vol.'s and would have to figure out what to end with.

I guess We could do MOH all 3 vol. over 11th and 12th and add in govt. since it's a one sem class.

What are your other plans for highschool?

No, I am only doing vol. 1 next year. In order to do it justice and do what I want her to do (readings, assignments/projects), I am not going to try to do 2 books in 1 year. And she will be doing it with younger siblings and I don't want to rush them either. For us, that is just to much for our family.

My other plans aren't set in stone yet. I do know she will do Apologia Chemistry, TT math, a writing course through co-op, Analyitcal grammar, drawing and design at co-op, and not sure what else.

How about you? :-)

I'm not going to because dd has already done the Activity Guides (workbooks), but if I were to do that, I'd do the text with the suggested high school extra reading & projects listed in the TM along with some essays. Dd wants something with questions already included that she hasn't already done and that her db won't be doing, so we're looking at some other options.

No, I am only doing vol. 1 next year. In order to do it justice and do what I want her to do (readings, assignments/projects), I am not going to try to do 2 books in 1 year. And she will be doing it with younger siblings and I don't want to rush them either. For us, that is just to much for our family.

My other plans aren't set in stone yet. I do know she will do Apologia Chemistry, TT math, a writing course through co-op, Analyitcal grammar, drawing and design at co-op, and not sure what else.

How about you? :-)

I am not sure yet either! What are your future plans for highschool history, you going to do AAH2 for 11th? I have to fit in World history and govt. in three years as well, this year for 9th we did abeka's geography one sem. I wish I had done something else, I feel pressured to get all the histories in now