Menu

do I want the Saxon Teacher cdrom set for Algebra 1?

I can teach Algebra 1. But, I think it might be easier to have the Teacher cdrom set. Some of those dreadful surface area, volume, and lateral area problems in Saxon 1/2 are driving me nuts! I keep thinking having the cdrom set would be nice for those problems. I plan on using it for Algebra 2. But, not sure about Algebra 1. $58 is not a terrible amount, but when every penny counts, I need to consider how much I really NEED a supplement. Any reviews or imput???

Maybe try it without, and then order it if you need it?

I bought the home study set for dd a year ago, without any dvds or cds. Just by reading the lessons, she understood the material enough to do the problems. I would not have guessed this would work, but that's how it turned out.

I think for a lot of us who grew up going to school, we can't imagine just learning all by ourselves from textbooks, without a teacher to guide us, but apparently it is possible.

Anyway, it's just a thought.

but I had a poor math experience in HS. We read the chapter, watch the teacher CD-ROM and then work out the problems. When we're stumped we watch the CD-ROM for the answers to be worked out. They are helpful and well done. Another option is Art Reed's DVD's that go with Saxon (but not ordered through the company).

http://homeschoolwithsaxon.com/onlinevideo.php

I bought both because I was concerned about my ability to help dd understand concepts I hadn't. Mr. Reed gives matter-of-fact instruction and often more "short-cuts" that are useful.

I agree with the other poster who suggested trying and then ordering if necessary. You might also find something used as people finish up the year!

Blessings,

Julie

OH...if you want more information about the Art Reed DVD's, feel free to PM me.

I'm in the same boat. The end of 8/7 is proving a challenge for me, I would love a resource for helping me workout the problems and teach them better. Any advice on what teaching tools are available, some seem expensive, are they worth it?

Rainbow Resource is having a sale now (I think through July)on all Saxon Math products.

I am going to get the Algebra 1 homeschool kit with the teachers cd-rom. My daughter has gotten 100% on nearly every single lesson and test from 87 so I have not had anything to do with it.

I am afraid if she needs help with Algebra 1 I will have forgotten everything.