Menu

Best way to sell my Stampin Up! collection?

I have a HUGE collection of Stampin Up! rubber stamps just taking up space in my closet. I kept telling myself I would use them one day. Well, one day hasn't come and isn't going to come! At least 3/4 of these are BRAND NEW/NEVER USED and some have not been mounted. How/where would you sell them to get the best price? Should I Ebay them? That would take so much time w/ pictures and everything, not to mention cost. Craigslist? Here? Should I sell as a collection or list individual sets? Ugh...I need to get a good chunk of change for these to buy curriculum for next year!

This may sound terrible, but I could not even sell my rubber stamp (high quality/NEW/Never used) collection at a garage sale years ago. Ebay was a waste of time for listing them and nowadays, the fees may cut into your profits with PayPal? I ended up tossing half of them out and giving the other half to my 8 yr old neighbor. She was thrilled. ;)

P.S. How 'bout your local HS Used Book Fair? Put them in a bin with a sign -- mark 'em at a cheap price. They'll go fast??

Edited by tex-mex

I'm on another high-volume message board and when stamps are posted for sale, they tend to go quickly if the price is right.

Since that's free, I'd try that first. Either here or a craft board, or something like that.

You can check what they've sold for on ebay and see if that makes it worth the effort. I always had the best results with retired sets. If it's been awhile since you bought them, you probably have quite a few retired ones.

I would also look for a SU yahoo group. I'm part of a Close to My Heart yahoo group and they allow selling of CTMH stamp sets under certain conditions.

You could also try Craigslist. Couldn't hurt!

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest shardy2011

I have 3 boxes full of Stampin' Up stamps and they're going for super cheap. If anyone wants them or knows anyone who would want them message me.

Guest shardy2011

sell them to my mom! Seriously let me know what you have new and I can give them to her as gifts.

I have some if you still want them

I've had some success selling them on Ebay. You won't get even half of what you bought them for, but at least it's something.

One of our local scrapbook stores also has a garage sale once or twice a year where people can sell stuff and get a store credit. 

If I still have the stamps after trying both of those options, I either donate them to Goodwill or bring them to a craft exchange our library has once a year so someone else can enjoy them.

Do you participate in any fundraisers that put gift baskets together for auctions?  If you separated them into themes and included some ink and blank cards, I'll bet that they would be really popular and raise lots of money.  For some reason people will bid on clever gift baskets full of things they would never buy from a store.

I sold most of my collection on Ebay.  I did it as a boxed set.  It had two color sets, paper to go with, lots of stamps and misc stuff from the craft store.  I easily sold it for more than I wanted.  

I do wish I hadn't sold the Lovely as a Tree stamp though.  So if  you have that I will buy it from you :-)

Otherwise, I kept one full color set and paper for myself and a few stamps I think are good for card greetings.  My dd likes to play with the stuff.  After our last glitter experience I wish I had sold the glitter products.....anyway, yes, you can sell it.  My lot went for over $100.  I basically had a box and filled it up with supplies.  Then I took it out to photograph and put it all back in.  Ready to ship soon as it closed.  

I do wish I hadn't sold the Lovely as a Tree stamp though.  So if  you have that I will buy it from you :-)

I just looked up Lovely as a Tree, and I love it!  (You enabler, you!)

How do you know how big these stamps are?  The website doesn't seem to say.  Or is this like a Tupperware thing where you're supposed to see these at parties?

I am such a sucker for stamps, cookie cutters, and cookie or cake molds.  I almost never use them but I love them.  Go figure.

• 2 years later...

PS I would be interested in any that had strawberries or deer or wild bears on them ( not teddy bears.  Natural bears.) 

Fiber related themes like a loom or spinning wheel or knitting needles or balls of yarn would be great for me, too.

Or (long shot) a cabin in the woods.

Hey there, I know you posted this two years ago, but I just started looking around for the best way to sell my old stamps. I have a set from 1998 that has silhouettes of a bear, moose, flying geese, pine trees, pine needles and a pine cone. I would be willing to sell for $10 plus shipping. Let me know if you are still interested!- Edgewater Laura

Hey there, I know you posted this two years ago, but I just started looking around for the best way to sell my old stamps. I have a set from 1998 that has silhouettes of a bear, moose, flying geese, pine trees, pine needles and a pine cone. I would be willing to sell for $10 plus shipping. Let me know if you are still interested!- Edgewater Laura

Sure, that would be great.

• 4 years later...