Menu

H,mmmm looks like Illinois Weslyan won't match ....

JFSinIL

Augustana College in terms of $$$$ They claim:

"Federal regulations only allow us to consider medical expenses that occurred within the last year (2009-2010)."

I thought a PRIVATE school could give grants/scholarships as they saw fit. Augustana took our past expenses with SillyAutismBoy into account and ignored the EFC to meet our needs. I guess they want ds more than Wesleyan!

Still waiting to hear if Gettysburg will offer more aid....but it is looking more and more that ds is going to Augustana. They have a cadaver lab - ds is excited about that! :001_huh: I am just happy this is about over.

Yes, that is the impression we are getting, too. If Il. Wes. is a private school, how come they are blathering about Federal Regulations at us? If they really wanted ds they could find more grant or scholarship money. DS is just waiting now to hear if Gettysburg will offer more money - am sure they will not, as we have NOTHING to put on the official "ask for more aid" form in the way of current job loss, medical expenses, etc. Had to write a long letter explaining about the need to fund a special needs trust for ds's fraternal twin with autism outranking any ability to undertake a parental loan ...also needs of SillyAutismBoy over the years precluded any savings for college, too.

Augustana "gets" it - they even commented on the autism in ds's acceptance letter...and in the aid package!!!!!

I just wish the Quad Cities looked more, well, exciting.

H'mmm, Gettysburg rep, just phoned - they will increase ds's grant $1,000 per year BUT cut work study. She assures me, though, that there are plenty of non work study jobs available. Then we agreed every student needed to have a part time job, work study or otherwise. So Gettysburg is now a strong contender.

DS would make a good tour guide for the battlefield there.

UPDATE - ds just told me to send the deposit to Augustana. The decision is (finally) MADE!!!

Edited by JFSinIL