Menu

E reality show - mom homeschools based on a movie

"Pretty Wild" stars three teenage sisters -- Tess Taylor, 19, Alexis Neiers, 18, and Gabby Neiers, 15 -- and their parents, an '80s Playmate, Andrea Arlington, and her forgettable husband, whatzizname.

The show follows the girls and their mother around as they try to become famous à la the Kardashians.

They only succeed at getting into trouble. Dangerous trouble.

Andrea home-schools the girls in the living room with the stripper pole and boasts, "I base all the curriculum on the movie, 'The Secret.' "

Okay, so I've never heard of the movie. Maybe it's some masterpiece. However I just don't see claiming to hs based on a movie being helpful to promote a good hs image. Especially when you saying it in a E reality tv show.

I guess what I really don't get is reality shows. Why were the Kardashians famous enough to get a show in the first place? There dad was famous. Not them. What did Paris Hilton ever do to warrant her 'fame'? (I mean originally. What made her famous enough for people be following her around to notice she forgot her underwear? Linsey Lohan at least had a 'career' before she for her undies!)

So anyone see 'The Secret'? Are we missing something? Anyone dropping Latin to follow a movie??;)

"Pretty Wild" stars three teenage sisters -- Tess Taylor, 19, Alexis Neiers, 18, and Gabby Neiers, 15 -- and their parents, an '80s Playmate, Andrea Arlington, and her forgettable husband, whatzizname.

The show follows the girls and their mother around as they try to become famous à la the Kardashians.

They only succeed at getting into trouble. Dangerous trouble.

Andrea home-schools the girls in the living room with the stripper pole and boasts, "I base all the curriculum on the movie, 'The Secret.' "

Okay, so I've never heard of the movie. Maybe it's some masterpiece. However I just don't see claiming to hs based on a movie being helpful to promote a good hs image. Especially when you saying it in a E reality tv show.

I guess what I really don't get is reality shows. Why were the Kardashians famous enough to get a show in the first place? There dad was famous. Not them. What did Paris Hilton ever do to warrant her 'fame'? (I mean originally. What made her famous enough for people be following her around to notice she forgot her underwear? Linsey Lohan at least had a 'career' before she for her undies!)

So anyone see 'The Secret'? Are we missing something? Anyone dropping Latin to follow a movie??;)

I actually caught a few minutes of this show while flipping channels. No, I don't think it does anything to promote a positive view of homeschooling.

The Secret is a book/movie about how to improve your life through positive thought.

Google "the secret stupid" to get many articles/blogs on the other side. Here's one I liked.

I'm all for positive thought, and I do believe people can make their own destiny to a certain extent, but I think The Secret is an exercise in wealth building for the author. (and a very successful one at that.)

I can just envision homeschooling based on the Secret- just think positive thoughts, girls! You will attract whatever you want without actually working!

And if we sell our souls to reality tv we'll attract even more! Especially if you forget your underwear! LOL!

Interesting concept. It is often amazing how these types of things tend to work so much better for the author then the guy who skips lunch a few days to shell out $29.95 or whatever for the book!

However I will say my 7.75yo does enjoy legos and bouncing around and such while we do read alouds. If I had a stripper pole in the living room I'm sure he'd enjoy that as well. PE and history combined!:lol: Plus then there wouldn't be lego guy battles being played out as I read! So who knows, maybe she's onto something there!:lol: