Menu

X-Post: Need suggestions for 8th grade (and beyond) Science

I'm contemplating science for my dd1 for next year. She'll be 13, rising 8th grader. Math-wise: She's completed MUS Pre-Algebra and is about 1/3 of the way done with Life of Fred: Beginning Algebra. She will continue with LoF and also MUS Algebra I next year. We tried BJU Life Science this year and just couldn't do it--it was SO dry and boring. We moved on and have pieced together our own curriculum to cover Human Anatomy (using Lyrical Life Science and lots of supplementary books & materials). Now I'm debating between just piecing together an "Earth Science" for next year (again using Lyrical Earth science and supplementing with other books & materials) OR switching to Apologia Physical Science. I am open to other suggestions as well.

Can anyone help me think this through or make other suggestions? My husband is a science teacher, but only has experience with typical "textbooks" that the school system uses. We are Christian and I would prefer a curriculum that is Christian.

And, to keep this pertinent to the "High School" boards....based upon your recommendation for 8th grade science and her math so far, what would you plan to use for high school? I'm trying to see the "big picture" of our overall plan for her remaining 5 years of homeschooling.