Menu

sufficient resources for Around the World in 180 days

I was able to lay hands on this curriculum. I really like the looks of it, and I think it might be refreshing for my ds to use this for Geography instead of a textbook approach. OTHER THAN the reports/research work, would the following be sufficient resources to answer the majority of the questions:

BJU 10th grade World History book

Abeka 9th grade Geography book

Streams of Civilization (already have these)

Almanac

Atlas

Uncle Josh's outline maps on disk (already have this)

Would these be enough resources?

Our library is somewhat lacking. I don't mind ds doing some research online, but I want him to avoid Wikipedia. Any suggestions for good on-line Geography info?

TIA. I want to have "enough" here at the house.

I think the resources you listed are great. I would suggest an encyclopedia . . . perhaps one on CD which is affordable. But before you purchase one check with your library. Many libraries have access to online encyclopedias or other research-type online databases through their webpage once you type in the bar code of your library card. Even if your library is lacking in good book resources you might find they have decent online resources.

Adrianne in IL