Menu

TOG in HS yrs...will there be time for AP/CLEP prep?

I really like TOG and think the reading list and supplementary information is top-notch, but the idea of spending portions of the latter HS years preparing and taking AP/CLEP exams for credit sure seems appealing. Has anyone done a four year TOG cycle and still had time for AP/CLEP? Or did you find that TOG prepared your student well enough that he/she didn't need a lot of prepping?

Blessings,

Julie

I started rhetoric level in 8th grade so that when my ds was a senior, next year, he could spend the time on AP or whatever. His #1 college choice does not let you CLEP out of anything and has a limited number of APs that they accept, but he may take either the European History AP or the US Government AP next year. TOG will have prepared him well for both, but not enough to take either test or even APUSH straight away, at least I don't think so. I want him to spend at least 1 semester focused on the test and working through a syllabus.