Menu

All About Spelling vs Spelling Power - which to choose?

Pster

Which program would you choose?

What are the pros and cons of these programs?

I have a 4th grader who can read at a high level but has terrible spelling.

I also have an upcoming 2nd grader and an upcoming 1st grader that could

possibly use the program I choose for her. (going to teach the rules early with the younger 2!! - no matter how well they read!)

ty

I went to Spelling Power after a couple years of SWR. It was a great transition for us because we already had the phonograms down. Spelling Power is very easy to use, but again, my dc already knew the phonograms. I think without the phonogram cards and drill we had already done, Power would not have been so smooth. I've not used the other program you mentioned so I can't help much there.

We have Spelling Power, but I am currently using AAS with my 2nd grade ds.

I like Spelling Power and plan to begin it with him around 4th grade. Right now AAS is a wonderful choice for us. He is learning the spelling rules, building confidence and we both really like the program.

I have read of others who have also started with AAS and followed with Spelling Power with great success.

I would be interested in hearing feedback on this as well, especially AAS. Samples of it prove evasive.

I always think it's hard to get a good idea of how a program will work just from online samples. But you might pass on your comments to AAS & try to explain what you wish you could see.

Merry :-)

Which program would you choose?

What are the pros and cons of these programs?

I have a 4th grader who can read at a high level but has terrible spelling.

I also have an upcoming 2nd grader and an upcoming 1st grader that could

possibly use the program I choose for her. (going to teach the rules early with the younger 2!! - no matter how well they read!)

ty

We used Spelling Power for a short time but now use AAS. I wrote a comparison here & some other people replied too. HTH! Merry :-)