Menu

What's with the ads?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest KaciMI

Honey Baked Ham vs: Publix

Guest KaciMI

I'm tired of paying a fortune on HB Hams. I've heard people say that Pubix's hams are pretty good. I found a Honey Cured Publix ham that is spiral cut and you add the topping. Is this the right one? It seems to be pre-baked.

We also used to buy Honey Baked Hams. Used to. ;)

Around Christmas, our Publix was doing a sample tasting of their hams. Normally, we don't bother with the tastings, but this smelled so good, we tried it. Then we went and picked up a ham. We enjoyed it every bit as much as the HB ham and it was a fraction of the cost.

For tomorrow, I actually got a ham from Costco... we're curious to see if it's as good as the Publix ham.

If you get the Publix one, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Guest KaciMI

the recipe mentions cooking the ham 1 and 1/2 hours. The Publix ham is precooked. Will this dry the ham out? This ham looks wetter than the HB hams, so maybe that is why it is in the oven 1 1/2 hours. K

Guest KaciMI

better than the Honey Baked. Everyone just loved it. Publix ham $20 Honey Baked $60. It is Publix from now on!

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER & RECEIVE A COUPON FOR
10% OFF
We respect your privacy.You’ll hear about new products, special discounts & sales, and homeschooling tips. *Coupon only valid for first-time registrants. Coupon cannot be combined with any other offer. Entering your email address makes you eligible to receive future promotional emails.
0 Shares
Tweet
Pin