Menu

Teaching Company dvds advice

I have a friend who is offering to sell me some TC dvds, and I don't know much about these titles. Can anyone tell me which of these would really be worth having, because I am on a budget.

Economics 3rd edition

Argumentation: Study of Effective Reasoning 2nd ed.

History of English Language

Einstein's relativity and quantum revolution

We have an earlier edition of the Economics audiotapes, but I think the later editions are by the same professor. My oldest daughter listened to them as a preview for the dual credit economics course she took at our local university. I listened to about half with her and found them to be quite interesting -- dd probably learned as much from the tapes as she did from the dual credit course.

We also have the argumentation course; my husband (who loves philosophy, reasoning, etc.) has tried more than once to listen to them and has never made it beyond the first 5 or 6 tapes.

Good luck!

Yvonne

I have History of the English Language and I found it very interesting.

It would have to be at an excellent price before I would buy them. Look at what the would cost on sale and offer a price based on the sale price, not on the real prices- which can get very high.