Menu

Accounting Course??

My son has expressed interest in an accounting course for next year: So far I've come up with three choices: (1) Christian Light Education has an accounting course. (2) Practical Accounting (listed at Rainbowresource and several other places) and (3) Professor in a Box

Any feedback on any of these? Any other possibilities?

I was an accounting major and could probably just pull my college textbook out but I really don't have time to really teach it. I really need something self-teaching but on the other hand, he really dislikes watching DVD lectures so I'm leary of Professor in a Box.

TIA!

Jan,

When I was in high school, I read my brother-in-law's Intro to Accounting text for fun. Not the whole thing, but enough to discover that I loved it. Your son might do better than you think with your college text. My oldest dd wants to learn accounting, and I wish I still had my Intro text. I've been looking for one on Amazon.

My son has expressed interest in an accounting course for next year: So far I've come up with three choices: (1) Christian Light Education has an accounting course. (2) Practical Accounting (listed at Rainbowresource and several other places) and (3) Professor in a Box

Any feedback on any of these? Any other possibilities?

I was an accounting major and could probably just pull my college textbook out but I really don't have time to really teach it. I really need something self-teaching but on the other hand, he really dislikes watching DVD lectures so I'm leary of Professor in a Box.

TIA!

I love my college level course book, Accounting Principles by Fess & Warren ISBN 0038003006. It looks like it is OOP, but still available. It was a technical college, so the choice of text is probably less theoretical and more applied than some.

Heather