Menu

Anyone use teaching textbooks without CD

Yes. Two of my three boys prefer it without the CDs. If you know math, you don't need the CDs as you can answer any question they might be struggling with. Plus, if stuck, you can always e-mail them. They respond quickly. I know because there was a typo in the Pre-Calc that I COULDN'T explain. :)

My dd loves having the CDs, but she also likes having the hard copy. She really does benefit from having both. I don't mind paying a higher amount for TT because it has a good resale value. I can get enough back to make the initial investment worthwhile! So, there IS that to consider! :)

However, as the other ladies said, I have seen many that use either the books OR the CDs and do fine. Whatever works best for YOUR child is what you should do. Best wishes!

My kids rarely use the cds, but I buy them anyway. I like having them just in case and we have used them once or twice for solutions.

It bears mentioning that the cds are the only way to get a step by step solutions manual. The answer key booklet included with the text has only the answers.