Menu

K12 High School through a cyber charter?

I live in PA and so we have many different options for cyber charter schools. I am familiar with 2 but not for high school. Does anyone have any experience with K12's High School curriculum? What about with any of the cyber academy's in PA? My dd13 will be in 9th gr. next year. She was homeschooled for 4th - 7th, is in ps 8th gr. now and is looking to perhaps come back home to be homeschooled for high school. Just looking at my options right now b/c this is all coming as a shocker to me. Thought she was back in ps for good! Thanks!

My daughter is currently enrolled in MNVA as a 9th grader, but we won't be continuing in the fall. The curriculum is great, but we've had a few other issues.

Here's a link to the recent review I posted in response to another inquiry on these boards. :)

Hope this helps!

Edited to add: My daughter is a 13 yo 9th grader this year also. She'll be 14 in July, so we're coming from a similar point of view.

Thanks so much for your response. I, too, have some reservations about enrolling with a charter. We quit a charter a few years ago b/c of all the "extra" work the teachers would make the students do. I'm just trying to weigh out all my options. The big benefit is the cost...free. I just didn't prepare financially for her to be home next year. And high school will be costly to say the least. Ugh.