Menu

Please help me THINK through this dilemma!!!

I finally decided to just come right out and ask my mother what she felt about it, which I can do with her and she will be honest (we live 10 min. from each other and are a part of each other's daily lives). I was surprised at how it was really not a big deal to her either way. She was thinking I wanted to be there and would feel bad about being left out. LOL WHICH IS A GREAT EXAMPLE of how email and written words are sometimes a poor tool of communication. Oh how much easier it would have been if we had just spoken over the phone. She is doing very well, as she has been prepared for this for a while and is thankful that her passing was peaceful....in addition to being surrounded by family and her sister who is her dear friend.

I'm glad you were able to talk to your mom and have some peace about the issue. :grouphug:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It sounds like your grandmother dearly loved her children/grandchildren to have made arrangements for a dinner party after her death.

I think therefore that grandma would understand, appreciate and approve of you being there for your child (her grandchild after all) on his special day.

I'm sorry for your loss and this added heartache.....it's never easy when you want to do "what's right" but there are two rights and you can't do both!

Grandma will smile down on your son's birthday and agree that you made the right choice to make memories with him that will last his lifetime....and take a moment on his day to have a cup of tea and remember HER and all the memories she obviously created for you and your family.

Happy birthday wishes to your son.

EDITED TO ADD: Ooops....should have read the whole thread before answering....I'm glad it all worked out for you. Grandma's work in mysterious ways, lol.

I agree. It's a good opportunity to teach your son that sometimes our plans have to change and that flexibility is very important. It also teaches a crucial lesson about putting others ahead of self.

If it were my grandmother I would want to honor her last wish.

I agree.