Menu

GA Virtual School Latin - Latin Road?

I'm considering using the Georgia Virtual School for my daughter for Latin next year. It's free and online...both pluses for me!

In trying to determine what specific curriculum they're using and I'm hoping you experts can help. The description says:

"It introduces students to the Latin language and ancient Roman civilization using the process of building a Roman road. Teaches students to write simple Latin phrases and to understand simple Latin passages presented orally and in writing.It introduces students to the Latin language and ancient Roman civilization using the process of building a Roman road. Teaches students to write simple Latin phrases and to understand simple Latin passages presented orally and in writing."

Does this sound like Latin Road to English Grammar to you? If so, and you have used it, do you think it's a curriculum conducive to online learning?

Here is the course description for FLVS Latin I. Is the scope and sequence similar? If so, they could be using the course written by FLVS (one of the oldest virtual public schools). You could also probably call a Georgia Virtual School administrator and find out about the course, whether a text is used, whether they have franchised from another virtual school.

HTH,

Lisa

Here is the course description for FLVS Latin I. Is the scope and sequence similar? If so, they could be using the course written by FLVS (one of the oldest virtual public schools). You could also probably call a Georgia Virtual School administrator and find out about the course, whether a text is used, whether they have franchised from another virtual school.

HTH,

Lisa

It does look similar. I don't know why it didn't occur to me to call the GAVS administrator....thanks for the suggestion.

Sometimes I just don't know where my head is!:confused: