Menu

Life after RIGHT START Maths Level E

travelbug

HI all,

My DD should be finished with Right Start E by early next year. I am contemplating what to go on to next. We have loved right start but before I invest in anything new I was wondering if anyone had any preferences they might share. My DD is loves maths and is quick learner.

We are based in the UK and my sil is coming over from the USA in a month so I was hoping I could place an order and have her bring it over and save on the expensive shipping charges we have to pay in the UK!

thks for any advice.

HI all,

My DD should be finished with Right Start E by early next year. I am contemplating what to go on to next. We have loved right start but before I invest in anything new I was wondering if anyone had any preferences they might share. My DD is loves maths and is quick learner.

We are based in the UK and my sil is coming over from the USA in a month so I was hoping I could place an order and have her bring it over and save on the expensive shipping charges we have to pay in the UK!

thks for any advice.

My current plan is to do RS E with Hands on Equations Algebra, then move into the Video Text that Dr. Cotter recommends. Though if I hate VT then I will have to regroup. I own about 6 texts already, so that won't be difficult to do. :blushing:

Heather

We'll be finishing up RS E in a month. We'll move into Singapore Math 5A/5B and then SM 6A/6B. We'll also do SM CWP as well. I have several Zacarro books and others we'll dabble in. Then we'll move into RS Geo approach and perhaps VT mod A. After that we might move into Forester's Alg 1.

Capt_Uhura

My current plan is to do RS E with Hands on Equations Algebra, then move into the Video Text that Dr. Cotter recommends. Though if I hate VT then I will have to regroup. I own about 6 texts already, so that won't be difficult to do. :blushing:

Heather

Thought I would add that we have done Singapore all along, and will continue to. When they finish the primary text I will have them do Singapore's Discovering Math series.

My oldest (now 6th grade) will finish RS E by fall, but will be only half way through the Singapore Primary 5 books. Singapore is great, but it takes a lot of my involvement to help them through difficult problems because my kids are not that mathy. I don't want my kids to be held back by how much face time they can get with me to work on something they are stuck on, so I specifically chose VT for its independent element. That helps my kids in Singapore because they are not learning the concept and then trying to apply critical thinking skills, instead they already know the topic and can just focus on figuring it out.

Heather