Menu

My 6th grader just informed me

How about a report (visual or paper or oral) on something she's interested in? Something related (or not) to what else you guys are doing? Something she can research and do mostly on her own? Is there something you just never have time for that she's always wanted to do? As I look at your siggy it looks like you're covering everything important so why not let her "play" for awhile? Just a thought!:001_smile:

How about a report (visual or paper or oral) on something she's interested in? Something related (or not) to what else you guys are doing? Something she can research and do mostly on her own? Is there something you just never have time for that she's always wanted to do? As I look at your siggy it looks like you're covering everything important so why not let her "play" for awhile? Just a thought!:001_smile:

VERY good suggestion!!! She actually likes that suggestion also!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!

I think something really interesting is a great idea too....not fun or easy but interesting.

Has she ever wanted to be a chef?

Learn photography or videography?

The life cycle of a rat?

Something she can get her teeth into but is kid researched and executed.

OK So I have kinda combined all suggestions. She is going to choose a topic related to either science or history, something she doesnt know alot about, or doesnt know anything about and she is going to research it. (wk1) then wk2 she is going to design a DETAILED project that shows me how much she learned about what she researched. (she has to get the topic ok'ed by me first!) and she loves this idea! Her first project will be researching fort Necessity and she is going to make a scale model of it next week!

Thanks for the ideas! We are both very excited about this!

OK So I have kinda combined all suggestions. She is going to choose a topic related to either science or history, something she doesnt know alot about, or doesnt know anything about and she is going to research it. (wk1) then wk2 she is going to design a DETAILED project that shows me how much she learned about what she researched. (she has to get the topic ok'ed by me first!) and she loves this idea! Her first project will be researching fort Necessity and she is going to make a scale model of it next week!

Thanks for the ideas! We are both very excited about this!

My kids have been doing Visual Presentations for 4H the past two years, and their projects are very much like this. They love doing them! One of my dds did Machu Picchu this year and made a scale model. Fun!