Menu

AP Comp Sci w/Derek Otieno -- info please?

I was looking for information about computer science courses with Derek Otieno, who used to teach with PA Homeschoolers, but I can't find his website. A fairly recent post on the forum gave it as acit.us.com, but that URL wasn't working for me today. I think I read that there are people here whose children are taking a class with him this year, so if you have his contact info / website address, I'd really appreciate it!! Also any feedback about his course(s) would be great.

Thanks!

~Laura

I found him on Facebook, of all places! He said his website is offline for a few days. He gave me his phone # & email address. I'll post it here soon (too hard to do from my iPod Touch, which is how I'm posting this!). I'd still love info about what his classes are like, if anyone knows -- thanks!

~Laura

ETA: Here's what I heard from Derek through Facebook (I'm such a newbie at FB, I'm tickled I found someone!):

I still offer web-based computer science classes. My website will be off line for a few more days. I will send you the link once it is up.

My email address is: dotieno@bellsouth.net, my phone number is: (678) 677-2517.

Hope this helps someone!

Edited by Laura in CA

and found out, among other things, that his website is back online.

http://www.acit.us.com/

My son has decided to take AP Comp Sci with Mr Otieno this coming year. I encourage anyone interested in his classes (he also offers Web Design, and some advanced programming courses) to give him a call.

(678) 677-2517, and he's in Georgia, so Eastern time zone.

~Laura