Menu

What shoes should I wear to Disneyland and Legoland?

We're leaving next Monday for a week of fun. The kids set, its just me that needs a little help right now. I don't think my Dansko's are going to work. Its supposed to be in the 70's and sunny. Any suggestions on what is comfortable and stylish, that will help be survive walking and standing around for a week straight?

Thanks!

I like New Balance sneakers. I can normally find them for $40-$50 on sale at Kohl's.

No one is going to care if your shoes are stylish at an amusement park. Just make sure you have on comfy shoes that you don't mind getting soaked. If you buy new sneakers now and wear them everyday, they should be broken in enough for your trip.

Definitely wear shoes that are broken in. I can remember all the miserable faces I saw of women who were trying to look stylish...and were limping. Really, go for comfort. I wore cute tennis shoes that I had broken in. Also...bring some band-aids, just in case. ;) Have fun!

FitFlops are the only shoes I have ever worn to Disney where my feet didn't completely hurt by the end of day two. I even brought along a nice pair of running-type shoes, and even a pair of (shudder) Crocs, because everyone said they were so comfy, and I tried those out for part of a day, and those killed my feet. Went back to the FitFlops and my feet were happy again.

I agree with others, whatever you have that is comfortable and broken in. Ideally a couple of pairs so that you can alternate. Also it's useful to have some light/cheap flipflops in your bag so that your shoes don't get wet on Spash and Grizzly, otherwise they get stretched and uncomfortable.

If you leave in less than a week, I would NOT recommend buying a new shoe. You are going to be doing a lot of walking and you need shoes that are already broken in, or you'll be in a world of hurt!

I wouldn't worry about fashion (I know for some that is unthinkable, and while I sympathize, I ask you to think whether blisters and other sore spots.....or limping from the pain....will be the fashion statement you wish to make, lol). Wear the most comfortable shoe you have in your closet already......go and have fun without pain. That's a fashion statement!