Menu

CLE 1, Singapore, or Math Mammoth?

Would you choose CLE Math 1, Singapore, or Math Mammoth 1 for your first grader? We have been doing Math U See, and she is doing a great job memorizing her facts. But she needs something with a little more variety, and fun.

Mine do a variation of three. :lol: We are almost done with SM 1B, we took a little break from one or two chapters and are working with the MUS Alpha to cement a few things, (just started that). We are on book 104 of CLE. One DD gets it easily and memorizes well, the other needs a little more. But, we do math year round. :001_smile:

I like the review of CLE, the rigor and abstract of SM, and love the hands on of MUS. In future I am hoping to use MUS to introduce a topic and then use the combination of SM and CLE to work through them, my one DD just needs the approach of CLE right now. I do not know if that will change, she has some type of processing delay.

I really like CLE, and have used Singapore 1, MUS Alpha, but not MM. My kids prefer spiril rather than mastery. My 1st grader has her fact down really well with no drill, just the CLE workbooks. HTH

Vote for CLE. My dd6 is really doing great and loves it!!!

Thanks. I was leaning towards doing CLE because we are already doing the LTR program with her, and we both LOVE it. She has asked me several times if CLE has math too.

I just THIS WEEK switched my DS7 over to Math mammoth from MathUSee! He really seems to like it, and it is really pretty inexpensive. He likes that it is colorful and he is always doing different things. He is not one for a ton of manipulatives. He rather play (build) with them than learn to use them correctly. MM has him drawing dots all over the place which he REALLY understands.

Well, I have only used CLE out of those you mentioned...but i'm still going to vote for it:) We switched from AOP Lifepacs (blech) and I have been thrilled with CLE. He has really taken off since we made the switch. The speed drills and flashcards are really improving his memory of the basic facts as well!

I ordered MM for my kiddos. We're new to HS this year, but I liked the fact that I could buy one download/disc and have material for all my kids for just $100. I also like that I can print only what they will be working on at the time. I considered SM, bt I thought it was gonna end up getting a little pricey for 3 kids.