Menu

Which version of Kinetics AlgI to buy?

I'm kind of confused as to which version to purchase. I would like my oldest son to use it right now, but I do have another coming up in a couple of years. I guess I DO NOT want the one that times out after a year, but do I need the class set? It will be installed on our home computer, so will I be able to use that one again for another student a few years from now?

Thanks so much if anyone has some knowledge of this....my brain is fried already this morning! Spring Break should have been THIS week!:D

I would just get the least expensive one to use with your son now, and then get what you need for your other child when the time comes.

KB will be coming out with a "homeschool version" of their Algebra programs soon, which will include online grading as well as other features that are not in the current "school version." I don't know what the release date will be; they're currently doing focus group studies on the homeschool Alg I product.

Jackie

I asked about all this a while back.

The individual use cd-rom doesn't time-out, but it can only be installed on one computer and can only be used by one student. Scores are stored with the program. If you have your next dc try to use the program, the scores won't change.

The web-based version times out after one year.

The class version of the cd-rom times out after one year, so all scores are erased at that point. It can be used on just one computer at a time (so once you start using it on one computer, all subsequent work for that child must be finished on that computer). Once it times out, you can reuse it for another child on the same computer or a different computer. The important things here are that it can only be installed on one machine at a time and it destroys all the scores one year after it has been started.

I would either use the single-use cd-rom or the web-based program.

My middle dd will be finishing Geometry next month. I'll have her use the single-use cd-rom version of Algebra II.