Menu

Is something wrong with the General Forum board?

newlifemom

I can log onto all of it except general forum. If I click on the lastest thread, by Hornblower then I can read only that one. Anyone else have this problem?:confused:

Me too!! I can read all the threads but I can't log on to post. I hope the BTP don't mind if we chat here for a bit instead. :D

I'm getting the data base error.

ETA: I can click on the newest thread then scroll down to the bottom and get the previous thread, and all the previous threads. But it is a crap shoot as to if I want to read those threads.

Edited by Parrothead

Guest aquiverfull

I'm getting the database error for the general forum as well as for PM. It seems like some people are able to get into the general forum though.

Does this mean we're supposed to log off and go spend time with our families? :D My dh is asleep, ds is on his computer, but I have left a nice open wine cooler in the other room. Maybe I will log off. :lol:

Hush now. We will speak of no such things. ;):tongue_smilie:

I can't even get on the General Board. I can click the most recent thread that appears on the main menu, and it will allow me to read that. The first thing I noticed is that I can't go to my page or check my PMs. Hmm...I was supposed to be planning for next week, so I wonder if this is a sign...:D

I just tried going there and got "Data base error". Wonder what's up? :confused:

That's what I get. I went there to find out why I got "Data base error" when I clicked on Control Panel.

If you go to your subscribed threads via Quick Links, you can keep up with any threads you're subscribed to.

I thought I was banned just from the general forum!

Me too. The only way I got to this thread was by clicking on "new posts".

I was worried about having been banned, but I couldn't think of what I could have said that would lead to that.

We are not banned, but there is a problem in the kingdom.

Edited by RoughCollie

Well, I am just peeved that, since I usually only visit the General Board nowadays, I thought all the boards were down because I didnt even try the others...so I have been trying all day and not getting on..when I could have been coming here and talking about curriculum or why the General Board is down, to get my fix for the day.

And...sometimes they take the board down in order to let people cool off when threads get really nasty. We get a day or so of having to take a deep breath and let go. But I haven't opened any threads that warrant such deprivation therapy- I did avoid some though. I know it's not personal (cos I've been good :)) , but it could be group punishment. It makes us appreciate what we have so much more when we cant access it for a day or 2, doesnt it?

Of course it could be technical but it seems strange it would be just one board, not the whole forums, as sometimes happens.

Now I am of off to find some curriculum or highschool topics to chat about. :)

I haven't been able to get on for hours now. I was forced to watch two movies, converse with my family and read! :001_huh:

I cleaned my stove and fridge! :D Then my 16 yo and I baked cookies.

Enough of that already. I've also eaten 3--and they're HUGE. :tongue_smilie:

Still not working for me - aside from here.

It looks like it's not everyone though.. just those of us whose accounts are stored on a certain server maybe? Or something like that? I saw something happen on a board one time where only *some* people had troubles, and I believe it was something like that.