Menu

The First 3 (new) Challenging Word Problem Books Have Been Released

Spy Car

I was just at the Singapore Math site and noticed the first 3 books in the new CWP series have been released.

The new series is called "Challenging Word Problems for Primary Mathematics" rather than being titled "Primary Math Challenging Word Problems" like the old series. So I'm sure there won't be any confusion ;) :D

Bill

Edited by Spy Car

I guess I can let the kids actually *write* in the older ones I have in the safe.

Dang it! The extra book 3 was going to be my retirement fund!

Just kidding :D. I am really excited! (and maybe not kidding about letting them write in the books. Without the gloves and page protectors.)

I guess I can let the kids actually *write* in the older ones I have in the safe.

That sounds sacrilegious to me! (KIDDING!) I have dd do the problems on paper, but I guess I don't have to once 4-6 are out... (already own 1-3 of the old ones)

Makes my day too! Thanks!

Dang it! The extra book 3 was going to be my retirement fund!

Just kidding :D. I am really excited! (and maybe not kidding about letting them write in the books. Without the gloves and page protectors.)

lol

Me too! I think I knew that new ones were coming. Ah well, it's good for everyone that they are out! Would love to hear about a comparison!!

Yeah, I knew that new ones were in the works, but didn't know when they would be ready. So I figured buy them all so I could start using them immediately, and not have to wait and hope.

I'm glad the new ones are are available.

I was just at the Singapore Math site and noticed the first 3 books in the new CWP series have been released.

The new series is called "Challenging Word Problems for Primary Mathematics" rather than being titled "Primary Math Challenging Word Problems" like the old series. So I'm sure there won't be any confusion ;) :D

Bill

Normally this is the sort of thing I find out after I've made a big book order. This time I have one still waiting for the final touches.

I've really missed these books. We use Saxon but these were great for traveling. Made the kids really think about how to use what they knew.

Thanks for the update! It looks like these books are longer than the original CWP and it seems to cover more topics. CWP original ran about 140 pages for CWP1 and CWP2 and the first two new ones are right around 200 pages. Also, there are problems in the new one that aren't word problems. The original CWP that I have ( 1 and 2 ) only contain word problems. I noticed the new ones have some mental math problems like add 154 and 36 mentally.

Interesting.

They look cute but I noticed a typo on the very first CWP 1 sample. The weight question. In the worked example is says under the picture

20-15=15 Oops.

I emailed Jenny at Singaporemath.com about it and she already responded.

Edited by nukeswife

• 1 month later...
...can you believe that I bought ALL grades available of CWP for ALL of my four kids...even my then...UNBORN BABY!!!:lol::lol::lol:

...okay, I 'll run and hide under a rug now...:blushing::blushing::blushing:

I just now figured out that the new CWP books are out! I signed on to see comparisons between the old ones and the news ones. But just so you know that you are not alone, I panicked last year and bought all the CWP for all my kids also! Here's a picture to prove it! :)

post-4543-13535083526093_thumb.jpg

post-4543-13535083526093_thumb.jpg

You've got issues.

:D

Join the club. :D:D

Man, at first I just read the "You've got issues" and my heart sank and then I read the rest of your post. :) WTM Boards reminds me that there are others out there just like me - with issues! ;)

Flaura - do the word problems appear to be of the same caliber as the old edition?

Are there answers to the all the problem sets in the book?

Capt_Uhura

Sorry I don't actually have the books in hand to compare. I was just comparing the samples up of the new ones with my original set of

CWPs.

• 2 months later...
Flaura - do the word problems appear to be of the same caliber as the old edition?

Are there answers to the all the problem sets in the book?

Capt_Uhura

Anyone now able to answer these questions? And are the answers worked solutions, or just the answer?