Menu

Ambleside for Self-Education?

I use their booklists, I've purchased all the Churchill history books for example (haven't read them, I'm still working on Age of Fable). I plan to use a lot of Ambleside's books for myself and the DC. I've even been doing written narrations (its tougher than it seems). Did you have any specific questions?

Has anyone here (or know of anyone who has) used Ambleside Online for self-education? I am trying to decide (and as some of you probably know) what to use for self-education. I had a pathetic public school education.

I've never been able to get my head around it enough to use with my kids (either there is something that I'm missing on the website or it just isn't sinking in with my getting old brain:001_smile:).

But I love the idea of going through the reading list for me. Would you start with year one and just work forward or skip ahead?

AO would work beautifully for self education. It wouldn't even ake you feel dumb starting at level 1. i loved level 1!!! The books, the poetry, the artworks...all of it. Just remember to narrate (either orally or in a journal etc.) EVERYTHING you read. The act of narration is difficult...especially for us older folk....If you can narrate it, you have learned it.

Good luck Luanne and enjoy AO. It is wonderful! (Oh, many ladies are using levels 7-11. Join the House of Education Yahoo group and you can read and also ask questions.)

Faithe