Menu

Can we talk swimsuit tops?

I wear swim shorts and a bikini top. I'm pretty active getting in and out of the water with the kids when we're at the water and the swim shorts are just comfortable. Plus no problems with creeping that other bottoms seem to give me. I like to wear a bikini top and throw a rash guard over that for versatility & sun protection.

So, I'm set on the bottoms and the rash guard but I'm having a problem finding a top I like. Does anyone know of a swim top that's like a bra? I need support (darned gravity), and the tops that tie behind the neck hurt and give me a stiff neck. I've looked at Lands End. they have a cute one with straps that go over the shoulder, but it is soft cup and that really is not enough support for me. Well, they do have underwire ones, but all the underwire tops seem also to come down over the belly. If I want to hide my mamabelly I'll put on a rashguard.

So does such a thing exist? A bikini top with underwire support and straps that go over the shoulder as opposed to tying behind the neck?

they make adult rash guards? Where do I found those at? I am very very prone to sunburn

Lands End! They last a long time, too.

Here's the link to the one I have. they also make it in long-sleeved

ETA: These are the shorts I wear. They dry almost as I am exiting the water and provide excellent sun protection. I've been thinking about getting a bikini bottom to go under, but I'm more confident about showing my jiggley mamabelly than I am my too-much-time-in front of the computer butt/thigh combo. Sometimes I wear a swim mini, but the panty crawls.

Edited by MeanestMomInMidwest

Yeah, but see how they all seem to tie behind the neck? Am I the only one who doesn't like this?

I have a coupon for a free panty, so maybe I'll go the actual store and look.

No, you're not the only one. I agree that they pull on your neck. I wish they had bikini tops that were more like the bravado bra, with a racerback. Then, your strap marks wouldn't show in a sleeveless dress.

They have a few that don't tie like that:

there is this one

there is this one

or this one

this one has a criss-cross

they make adult rash guards? Where do I found those at? I am very very prone to sunburn

They have them at Sports Authority. Many sporting goods stores carry them.

Thanks, Mrs Mungo. I think I'll have to try these on. I'm not sure I can get my facial expression just right to wear them, tho! :D

Practice your kissy face in the mirror.

The wrap one, although not underwire, seems like it could hold up to kid wrangling without any err...spillage.

You would definitely want to try them on. These models are..err...differently enhanced? Than most of us, even if we're busty. So, it's hard to tell what it would look like on your average woman. :D

THAT is totally my style! It has enough coverage in front (some of the others I was afraid would show my areola). And the nice, wide straps look as if they wouldn't cut into my shoulders. Lightly padded (as opposed to push-up pads), underwire, and order by cup size! Woot!

I could have sworn that I looked at all the tops, but didn't see this one. Course if I like it in real life, I'll have to walk around with one arm cocked behind my head all day. :tongue_smilie:

ETA: Thank You!

Edited by MeanestMomInMidwest
forgot my manners

Have you checked Victoria's Secret tops? They have quite a few supportive ones. I don't think most women would look quite as busty in them as the models do, either. :D

Once again you have said exactly what I was going to say. They have tops that look very similar to a regular underwire bra only they are probably more supportive because they are made with the heavy duty spandex swimsuit material that holds everything in. They come in a wide range of colors as well.