Menu

One Year Adventure Novel With MFW High School

Still have two years before my son hits HS but I am preparing for it ;)

I was looking over the sample dvd for the OYAN (One Year Adventure Novel) and my son stopped to watch too. He was really excited about this. He loves to write, but as of yet does not have a strong back ground in writing (we are working on it though).

My 'plan' is for him to use MFW High School program. I would like to add the OYAN. I haven't 'seen' either of the programs (just lots of drooling).

Would it be doable to use both? From looking at MFW it covers English and looks pretty heavy.

I think it would be a pretty heavy load, Linda. There's a LOT of writing in MFW -- my dd writes every single day, whether it's in Bible, history, or English, and sometimes all of the above. Actually, she says it's all of the above MOST of the time. ;) The Lit Supplement has plenty of writing and grammar instruction within.

I've not seen the OYAN, in fact, never even heard of it before this thread. :tongue_smilie: But if it's something your son could do on his own as an "extra" simply because he enjoys it, you might consider getting it for him.

P.S. Have you seen this thread? I typed a detail explanation of my dd's work in here: http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162788

Thanks for this thread. I'm going to make me a cup of java and enjoy (the thread I mean ;))

I was thinking it would be a bit much. Maybe he can start in the summer between grades and see where it leads him.

Appreciate you taking the time to answer.