Menu

Design DS's 11th grade year for me...I am stumped!

Hi...I am having a brain cramp and need some help designing ds's 11th grade year and possibly a sequay into 12th grade...

So, for 8th he did:

Biology in escrow for HS (approved by school system)

Algebra 1 in escrow (also app.)

9th grade:

Omnibus 3 (History, Literature, Theology w/ 1/2 cr. for American Gov't)

Jacob's Geometry

Traditional Logic 1

Biology 2 (Apologia Anatomy & Phys. Took SAT2 ....didn't score so well: 625)

Write @ Home (2 sessions...Research Paper & Essay Course)

random Grammar review lumped in with English 1

10th Grade:

Apologia Chemistry 1

Smarr Intro to Philosophy

Algebra 2 (Teaching textbooks & LOF Advanced Algebra)

A Beka World Literature w/ loads of extra library books. Writing instruction related to this text using handbook of g&c and book suggestions.

CLE Grammar Eng. 1 boks 1-5

Traditional Logic 2 (1/2 cr.)

Fundamentals of Music through Memoria Press (1/2 cr.)

Ok, Now I am ready to plan for 11th....

Ds has said he would like to do Forensic Science. OK, I bought those books (Thanks Michele! for the rec.s)

For Maths, I will stay with TT and LoF (Pre-Calc TT, Geometry for review, Advanced Alg & Trig.)

Now the tricky part...English 3, History (or Social Sciences?) Foreign Language ???? (what can be done from home? What online courses are there?)

Electives (perhaps business classes?)

Help me put togenther next year....my brain hurts....and my Fibromyalgia is really acting up which makes any kind of thinking difficult.

~~Faithe

:grouphug:

I've got fibro too so I understand.

I'm thinking about doing an English 4 class next year "a la cart" using the library, and Netflix for watching plays. I might do some grammar review using bits and pieces of old workbooks that we haven't finished over the years. Mainly, I'm thinking: Read 10 classics and watch 10 plays. Write maybe 4 or 5short papers per semester.

I'm thinking about doing much the same for my 10th graders history. He'll do American History and I'm thinking that reading books, listening to William Bennett's America: Last Hope on CD, and writing a few papers might be good. You would have to pick your time period for history of course.

Foreign Language: I'd choose a computer program that can be done completely independently.

Those are my thoughts "today".:)