Menu

Life of Fred: Pre-Algebra 1 with Biology

Second question first: It's not a Christian worldview of biology. There is nothing about creation vs. evolution. But it's definitely a Christian worldview. There are numerous (very quick) references to attending Sunday school or getting the truth at church.

How does biology and pre-algebra fit together? Well, if you're familiar with LOF books, you know Fred wanders through his day thinking about math concepts. In this book, he wanders through his day thinking about math concepts and how plants grow, how they are classified, and about how much molecules weigh, etc. It's a very entertaining story. We're about 2/3 done with it, and my son loves it.

Second question first: It's not a Christian worldview of biology. There is nothing about creation vs. evolution. But it's definitely a Christian worldview. There are numerous (very quick) references to attending Sunday school or getting the truth at churc.

LOL Ok, it is or it isnt a Christian worldview? (you said yes and no :lol:) Its getting late :)

LOL Ok, it is or it isnt a Christian worldview? (you said yes and no :lol:) Its getting late :)

I meant, the author doesn't take a worldview position on BIOLOGY, but his own personal worldview does shine through. It's small, but for those of you who don't want any religious references, it's there. :)

And, yes, Fred does drop a knife on his foot in one of the earlier books. My son loved it! LOL! (Very little that happens in any of the books is realistic.)

Stan, the author of the Fred books, is a Christian. He wrote the books that can be used by either viewpoint, but when you read them you know he is a Christian. Specifically in the biology book he does not go into anything in Fred's musings that says "God is the creator", yet he does tell his readers where to look for truth. He is not preachy.

I would say unless you're really sensitive these would be considered secular.
Hmmmmm. I'm not overly sensitive, but I wouldn't categorize LOF as secular (especially after the first two books); however, with the exception of one short part in the Biology book, Schmidt doesn't preach.