Menu

Does anyone else just want to crawl under a rock?

I am so tired of all the bickering! Not just here, but everywhere these days. I am tired of the conservatives fear-mongering. I am tired of the liberals cries of racism and ignorance. I am tired of all the name calling on both sides. It is driving me nuts! So, I am crawling under a rock. I have wine and chocolate. Who's coming with me?

Red or white? Dark or milk? Think carefully before you answer. If you give the wrong response, I may have to give you a lengthy lecture on why my choice is right and your choice is wrong. :lol:

Actually, I like both red and white, and any variety of chocolate you are offering is just fine with me. I just couldn't resist!

I like the one with sea salt. I don't drink, can I bring apple juice? (my friends always do this->:lol: when I order apple juice when they order cocktails) But yes I'll come with.

Apple juice is allowed, but only if you make up for the lack of alcohol by bringing cheesecake.

Apple juice is allowed, but only if you make up for the lack of alcohol by bringing cheesecake.

I can do that. I make a great white chocolate cheesecake with a gingersnap bottom. I also have freshly baked chocolate muffins in the kitchen. I'll bring them as well. We might be under there for a while.:D

Red or white? Dark or milk? Think carefully before you answer. If you give the wrong response, I may have to give you a lengthy lecture on why my choice is right and your choice is wrong. :lol:

Actually, I like both red and white, and any variety of chocolate you are offering is just fine with me. I just couldn't resist!

Obviously red. Of course you are being discriminatory if you only like white wine.

Yup. We'd get so much more accomplished if being willing to work _together_ wasn't seen as a last resort. It's become cool to bulldoze and treat others like garbage, and I am so very OVER it.

Even here, I have to stay away from certain threads (ahem) because it's difficult view some posters the same way after seeing how mean and snide they can be. Yuck.

I have been living "An ignorance is blitz news blackout" for a couple of months now. I have been much less stressed. I will join you for some wine and chocolate.

You are a smart woman. And for the record, margaritas are welcome and encouraged.

I am so tired of all the bickering! Not just here, but everywhere these days. I am tired of the conservatives fear-mongering. I am tired of the liberals cries of racism and ignorance. I am tired of all the name calling on both sides. It is driving me nuts! So, I am crawling under a rock. I have wine and chocolate. Who's coming with me?

I'm right there with you. I realized yesterday that I hadn't heard ANY news in 2 days and my blood pressure was lower I'm sure. It makes me want to bury my head most days.

This is the best. chocolate. ever.

Edited by TXMomof4

Explain the sea salt one please. I'm intrigued. :bigear:

This one. It has small crystals of sea salt in the dark chocolate. I don't know what it is but it makes the chocolate even yummier. I like salt and it seems to cut the bitterness of the dark chocolate in a great way. I always have some in my emergency secret chocolate stash.

I have been living "An ignorance is blitz news blackout"

We don't have a tv. It helps tremendously by keeping all kinds of garbage out of the house.

I just watched a youtube of a little news clip and that stupid music they play when they coming back from commercial break. It conjures up a fright or flight response. Oh my goodness, breaking news!!

Yes, tv free is good for lowering overall cortisol levels. :D

I am so right there with you. Are there no "moderates" anymore? What ever happened to normal people with normal wishy washy views? I haven't watched the news since W.'s 2nd election (and I was a registered Republican at that time) and I still get plenty of this garbage just by barely scanning the headlines on the net and facebook.

This one. It has small crystals of sea salt in the dark chocolate. I don't know what it is but it makes the chocolate even yummier. I like salt and it seems to cut the bitterness of the dark chocolate in a great way. I always have some in my emergency secret chocolate stash.

That sounds incredibly interesting and weirdly good.

Why did I have to learn about this one. :drool5:

Can I come to the party? I'm half-way into a glass of red wine already. I'll join you in the chocolate on Sunday (gave it up for Lent) - organic dark chocolate please. I'll bring it.

Oh - and I'll partake in the margaritas too.

Can we have this party on a beach somewhere warm please? I need some vitamin D too.

Why did I have to learn about this one. :drool5:

Because friends don't allow friends to not know about lovely chocolate:D

Can we have this party on a beach somewhere warm please? I need some vitamin D too.

I second this motion. We got MORE snow today. I am in dire need of some vitamin D.

Can I come to the party? I'm half-way into a glass of red wine already. I'll join you in the chocolate on Sunday (gave it up for Lent) - organic dark chocolate please. I'll bring it.

Oh - and I'll partake in the margaritas too.

YES this party can be on a beach! That evil s-word is in our forecast. I vote a secluded Pacific island, where a bunch of vacation-needing homeschool moms can have margaritas, wine, chocolate, and cheesecake without any witnesses or tv.

Explain the sea salt one please. I'm intrigued. :bigear:

Not sure if anyone has answered your questions......THere is a wonderful chocolate bar called The Barcelona bar that has smoked almonds and sea salt. Our local gourmet store calls it the "hormonal bar" :D

I personally love dark chocolate. Lindt 85% is my favorite at the moment. But, there is a wonderful dark chocolate, sesame seed and wasabi that is out of this world called a Black Pearl Bar. It is by the same company that makes the Barcelona bar. It starts with a "v" but I cannot remember the name

Tired of the bickering too. I welcome open, friendly discussion. But that just doesn't seem possible for some reason. Back to the chocolate...........

Not sure if anyone has answered your questions......THere is a wonderful chocolate bar called The Barcelona bar that has smoked almonds and sea salt. Our local gourmet store calls it the "hormonal bar" :D

I personally love dark chocolate. Lindt 85% is my favorite at the moment. But, there is a wonderful dark chocolate, sesame seed and wasabi that is out of this world called a Black Pearl Bar. It is by the same company that makes the Barcelona bar. It starts with a "v" but I cannot remember the name

Tired of the bickering too. I welcome open, friendly discussion. But that just doesn't seem possible for some reason. Back to the chocolate...........

Oh my! I need to broaden my chocolate horizons. Chocolate, salt, and almonds sounds sooooooo good right now.

Not today. I spent most of the day by a pool, under the FL sun in a cloudless sky, watching my youngest play Marco! Polo! There was even white wine. :)

lol

I'm there!!! Sounds like a wonderful day!!

It was 76 with a breeze here today (SW Florida). Just sayin'.....;)

Again, I'm there!!

It was in the 40s here today. The sun was out after about 4. But, we haven't seen sun in two days. Ugh.

Actually, I'm there this June!! A bunch of college friends have planned a reunion on Anna Maria Island.

Wow, word for word, I so totally agree! :iagree:

I'll bring some chocolate, but frankly I think we have enough WHINE.

I might join. While I'm there, maybe I'll share the new super-secret page-out code for Wal-Mart stores' in-house phone systems, which got changed at every store in the country because a kid in VA pulled an obnoxious prank that drew national media attention.

Can't stay long, though, off to take DD to swim lessons.