Menu

Are there any other X-Files fans out there?

I saw on Yahoo! News this morning that the new X-Files movie is due out July 25th. I am so excited about this--it's ridiculous! I'm going to suggest to my DH that we do an X-Files marathon (we own them all on DVD, nerds that we are!) leading up to the movie release. According to Chris Carter, aliens are not the movie's focus, but the story puts Mulder and Scully in the "current time" and stays true to everything that's happened in the series. It takes so little to make me happy:D!

I saw on Yahoo! News this morning that the new X-Files movie is due out July 25th. I am so excited about this--it's ridiculous! I'm going to suggest to my DH that we do an X-Files marathon (we own them all on DVD, nerds that we are!) leading up to the movie release. According to Chris Carter, aliens are not the movie's focus, but the story puts Mulder and Scully in the "current time" and stays true to everything that's happened in the series. It takes so little to make me happy:D!

David Duchovny, oh

?

Or this one, which isn't the cool original, but... sigh.

We have all nine seasons on DVD, and have watched them all, along with the first X-Files movie.

I hope the movie coming this summer isn't a bomb, though. It's been a long time since the show ended, and I wonder if there is still enough of a fan base to really let the movie succeed.

I wish Krycek was going to be in it! Such a pretty bad boy! ;)

Michelle T, who always had a secret crush on Mulder

I am a major X-Files fan. Thank you so much for posting about this! I had no idea they were making another movie. I keep hinting to family that I would love to have the series on DVD, but I think they're afraid they'd have to watch it non-stop. Oh well, maybe when they get tired of me forcing them to watch CSI every night I'll get it:D

I'm going to be singing that song for days now, too.

I'm not alone in my joy:001_smile:!

Jenni, did you know that they make a separate DVD package of just the alien storyline? It's called Mythology, and it's every episode that deals with the aliens from every season in chronological order. Maybe your family would get you that one? It's less of a commitment:D!

I wonder if there is still enough of a fan base to really let the movie succeed.

As long as the truth is out there, there will be X-Files fans. Here's some info from TVguide.

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Movie-News/Look-X-Files/800036319

We don't have the DVD's, but I'm doing a little happy dance right now. :party:More Mulder Yeah!!