Menu

Site for Educational (?) Movies- brainpop.com

I've used it when they have free trials (last year I think it was all of May), and my dc love it. They're 3 & 5, and use the brainpopjr.com, not so much the older side. I'd say the jr part is great for preK to maybe 3rd, and the older about 3-6th grades. They have added a lot of movies in the past year, and I think are still growing. I don't know how much a subscription costs, but if it was under about $35 I'd probably do it. The teacher link at the very bottom of the page has a list of all available movies, which might help you decide. They also have some lesson planning stuff, and on the jr side each movie has a joke, printable activity (dot to dot or coloring page type stuff), quiz, and vocab words. It's a really fun site, and they watch movies that I wouldn't have thought they'd be interested in. Both have picked up info this way that we haven't gotten to in school yet. HTH!

we got in on the special subscription price from the Homeschool Buyer's Co-op...keep watching their site for another round because they may do a group buy for BrainPop again. In the meantime, try the trial to see if your kids would get enough use out of it. Some like it but just don't end up using it often enough to make it worth the cost. :)

It's worth it to me to be able to send ds to the computer when he's run out of things to do and is hanging on me while I'm trying to teach the olders!! LOL I think the regular BrainPop is best for ages 7-11 or so.

we got in on the special subscription price from the Homeschool Buyer's Co-op...keep watching their site for another round because they may do a group buy for BrainPop again. In the meantime, try the trial to see if your kids would get enough use out of it. Some like it but just don't end up using it often enough to make it worth the cost. :)

It's worth it to me to be able to send ds to the computer when he's run out of things to do and is hanging on me while I'm trying to teach the olders!! LOL I think the regular BrainPop is best for ages 7-11 or so.

:iagree:

My ds use Brainpop daily (including weekends). They absolutely love it and we have both Brainpopjr and Brainpop. It is a bit expensive but of all the programs I have invested in, this is by far the most used. My eldest ds will go to Brainpop and see if they have a movie that pertains to something he is learning. The past week he was using Brainpop to write up some questions for this month's science club (which will be at our house).