Menu

Good movie for me to watch alone?

In a couple weeks my husband will be taking our two oldest kids to see the shuttle launch in FL.

Any ideas for a good movie or two to watch alone after I put Little Guy to bed? Possibly even one I could cross-stitch while watching (ie, not too terribly intense or deep)?

I haven't seen many movies in the last 7-8 years, so there is a lot out there I haven't seen!

I know this is a very wide-open question! Just to give you an idea, three of my very favorite movies are:

Waiting for Guffman

The Princess Bride

When Harry Met Sally (although, oddly, I didn't really care for Sleepless in Seattle or You've Got Mail very much)

I also liked the movie Quiz Show a lot.

Any suggestions?

If you loved Waiting for Guffman, have you seen Best in Show. It's hilarious!

Julie & Julia is fun. I also loved Sunshine Cleaning (but it's not for everyone).

:iagree:

Definitely Best in Show and I think you'd like The Devil Wears Prada. Oh and Election is one of my all time faves.

Pride and Predjudice is a go to for me.

Here's my list:

Julie and Julia

The Proposal

I.Q.

Sense and Sensibility

A Beautiful Mind (and pretty much anything with Russell Crowe)

The Other Boleyn Girl (RIVETING)

Casanova (with Heath Ledger -- intelligent and laugh out loud funny - what a great movie)

The Constant Gardener

What Women Want (? - with Mel Gibson)

That's all I can think of for now -- I am really a fan of old movies: anything with Katherine Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman, Cary Grant.

I just watched Secret of Roan Inish again on YouTube and watched Tristan and Isolde, which while extremely violent (think Braveheart), was an amazing love story (and good literature). It's been a long time since I watched any movies either. It seems like I never have a chunk of time to devote to them w/o the kids around. I go to bed shortly after they do.

Laura

I rarely watch movies either....but today I watched 'The secret life of bees.' I recommend it.

Also, I saw 'Blindside' 3 times in the theater.....the best movie I've seen in years.

I think The Blindside comes out on Tuesday. I told hubby we need to go buy it that day. I seen 2 times in the theater.