Menu

Planning 11th grade Chemistry...

We'll be using Conceptual Chemistry, but I'd like to include some kind of lit with that maybe one or two books. Can anyone give me some ideas?

For example: This year for Biology, dd is reading The Origin of Species: An Illustrated Adaptation, Walden and The Island of Dr. Moreau. I'm kind of looking for something like that.

Thanks.

Edited by LunaLee

We'll be using Conceptual Chemistry, but I'd like to include some kind of lit with that maybe one or two books. Can anyone give me some ideas?

For example: This year for Biology, dd is reading The Origin of Species: An Illustrated Adaptation, Walden and The Island of Dr. Moreau. I'm kind of looking for something like that.

Thanks.

I don't have a title, but how about something do do with the history of Chemistry? My dd is going to be reading a history of math in high school (not this year, I guess, but it's on the shelf.) You might want to look at the magazine ChemMatters, too, although it's not exactly what you're looking for. Dd is going to read some math fiction sold by the AMS (American Mathematical Society) so perhaps there's a Chem society out there that might have books if no one here gives you any titles.