Menu

6 eme

cdgni

My dd is in cm2 this year full time. She has only been in French schools since CP.

She would like to homeschool next year. I don't want her to lose her French; I'd need to hire a tutor for her.

Any ideas on how I would supplement her education in French reading and Grammar? I could look to see what books the schools would be using, but is there a better way?

My daughter is in CM1 and my son is in 5eme.

Both are following their French classes from CNED

http://www.cned.fr

You could even get into their sponsored classes most likely (I can't, because there's a local French from France school nearby).

Get a French speaking person to look at the website with you. This is the ministry of education Long Distance schooling option. Your kids would have homework to send in every 2 or 3 weeks to be corrected by a France teacher. My two kids are very on their own with those classes. I rarely need to go over their work.

My daughter is in CM1 and my son is in 5eme.

Both are following their French classes from CNED

http://www.cned.fr

You could even get into their sponsored classes most likely (I can't, because there's a local French from France school nearby).

Get a French speaking person to look at the website with you. This is the ministry of education Long Distance schooling option. Your kids would have homework to send in every 2 or 3 weeks to be corrected by a France teacher. My two kids are very on their own with those classes. I rarely need to go over their work.

Thank you! This is exactly what we needed. We might be in the same situation as you next year because there is another French school in the country we will be moving to. However, I can hire someone to keep up the language.

Thanks again.

We might be in the same situation as you next year because there is another French school in the country we will be moving to.

I think you'll be ok. AFAIK, only my city has this silly rule. And it's because more and more people were taking CNED at reduced prices. We can stil take it, but we've got to pay full price.