Menu

KJV Bible Curriculum help

Guest amymarine

Guest amymarine

Would anyone have any good suggestions for me for Bible curriculum that uses the KJV?

We are in our first year of homeschooling and have been mostly using Abeka, including their Bible program. I don't follow their 'script' for Bible other than we read through the cards and do an oral review after.

Next year, I am not planning on using Abeka. I'm planning on using a more lit based program. Nothing is set in stone yet but I'm looking at using Sonlight Core/Science with CLE for Language and Math. I'm trying to keep the boys learning together as much as possible - they prefer it that way - but their skill levels are too far apart when it comes to language/math. I debated using CLE's Bible program but it looks very workbook-y. They would also be separated; we like to do the Bible study as a family. I really like Abeka's cards but they are too expensive so unfortunately they are not an option.

I guess what I'm asking is if anyone knows of a KJV Bible study like Abeka's but cheaper. LOL Something that would guide me through the Bible so that I could read a passage directly from the Bible, then it would break down the story to the children's level. The boys also like looking at the pictures from the cards while I tell the story, so nice-to-look-at pictures are a plus as well. :)

Thank you for any help or direction you can give me. :)

We are a KJV family and truly love "Leading Little Ones to God". We use it at night as a Bible devotion, but it is awesome! My children are learning so much about who God is etc.. Also, I used BJU Bible truths with my 2nd grader this year. it is also very good. :) My children get the Abeka flash a cards in Sunday School, so we have never used them at home, but I understand the price factor..ouch! Very expensive. Hope you find what you are looking for!

CLE(Christian Light Education) http://www.clp.org/store/by_subject/2

We have been using this since the first of the year and loving it.

I started using a formal Bible curriculum this school year as well (for 7th grade) and went with CLE and I am very pleased with it. The Scriptures are in the KJV. The teachings are thorough and doctrinally sound . I myself have learned some things I never knew from this curriculum as well. :) It is workbooky, but that is how CLE is. They do a "unit" approach. There are some things to fill in (or answer aloud if preferred) and one test in each light unit with each light unit covering one facet of study. You can see sample pages of the lessons in the link that mom4him provided. :)

AlphaOmega Lifepacs have a really good KJV Bible curriculum or if you want a computer-based program, the same content is on their Switched-On Schoolhouse Bible CDs. I have also used ACE(School of Tomorrow) paces for 1st-4th grades but my overall favorite is still Rod & Staff.....you can see samples of each grade on the internet at www.rodandstaff.com.

Heart of Dakota is a literature based program in which you use your own Bible. There are few Bible recommendations but you don't need to use them to use them to use the program, you can easily use your own.

The Hide Em in Your Heart CD's used are not KJV based (although a few songs are), again, you can easily not use them with out affecting the program.