Menu

Ok, my dd turned 10 in Nov. and she is starting her period. It seems as though she spots a few spots every 1-3 days. This has been going on now for over 2 wks. Is this normal? When my older daughter and for that matter when I started it was with a bang!

Also, where do you find pads that are natural and small. We have purchased 3 different ones and they are all so big. She is very sensitive to feel(at times finding clothes has been a challenge) and the pads that are to big are a real irritation and yet she DOES NOT want to spot her panties like she did the first day.

HELP!:001_smile:

I can't answer your first question, personally I would talk to someone in the medical profession.

For the second question this is what I use Always Thin unscented pantiliners I have very light periods and these are the first pads that I really like. They are small but don't irritate my skin (like normal pads do). You might also want to check out this section on the website titled For Moms. HTH :grouphug:

Oh and I am in no way affiliated with Always. They are just the only brand that have worked for me:001_smile:

I also say to run it by a doctor to make sure everything is ok.

If it's just spotting, get panty liners. There are so many kinds out there, finding one she likes may take a lot, but you can buy small packages so it shouldn't be too expensive.

Try ultrathin pads if you need more than a liner. I also like Always when I wear a pad. So do my girls.

I can't help with the first question, but have you considered cloth liners/pads? I can definitely understand how disposable pads could irritate someone with sensory sensitivities. It would be slightly more hassle but almost certainly more comfortable.

I remember starting my periods like this. Then I wouldn't have anything happen for 2 months. It took probably a year before everything got to a normal cycle. By all means, if you are concerned call you dr. But it is not unusual for it to start out like this.

Thanks everyone for your comments.

I don't think it is a UTI as she has had no other symptoms. I am very familiar with them and there was always a degree of discomfort with a UTI, I have asked her as this was about the first thing that came to my mind and she said she hadn't had any.

I will look into the Always pads.