Menu

CW, where to start

ArwenA

DD9 loves to write and has been using Writing Strands for the past few years. She was recently looking through DS10's copy of CW Homer A and thinks it's more fun and interesting than WS. CW recommends starting with Aesop but I'm afraid that DD will find it boring and easy (she's a very good writer). So, my question is, should I start her with Aesop A or B and do everything or skim through Aesop or start with Homer?

TIA

I think you want to consider Aesop B if you plan on using the workbooks. It is recommended to start in Aesop. Or just get the core and customize her plan to make sure she covers the skills in Aesop that they will assume a dc will have for Homer. If she writes well & has some grammar background Aesop can be covered quickly.

look here

We use CW and love it.

Y'know, I think some students are capable of beginning in Homer A. The first four lessons are very much similar to Aesop. You could always try beginning in Homer, and if your daughter needs more time at that particular skill level, or isn't ready to move on past the 4th writing project, you could always go ahead and add in Aesop B.

Y'know, I think some students are capable of beginning in Homer A. The first four lessons are very much similar to Aesop. You could always try beginning in Homer, and if your daughter needs more time at that particular skill level, or isn't ready to move on past the 4th writing project, you could always go ahead and add in Aesop B.

As always, I agree with Susan. ;)

Thanks everyone!

I knew that DD had done the first lesson of Homer A but when I was telling her that maybe I'd buy the book before it for her she said "But, I'm almost finished Homer! You need to get the next book, not the previous one!"

lol Trust DD to do a years worth of writing in a few weeks.

So I think we'll just keep going with where she is right now.